Friday 25 October 2013

White Tiles- Dolapo (@dolapoalade)

Nigerians are creative. They've got skills. I stumbled on this OAP personality listening to her on the Mid-day show @thebeat979fm. First it was her voice. It could melt any man. Her voice is like tonic sofa; sounds like sweet music. Then I checked her profile. I saw she has a blog. Not a consistent writer but her piece are worth your time. I find one hilarious as I kinda relate to it. Thank-God Its a Friday. For your weekend pleasure, I share with you a piece from the stables of  http://www.nubianbluejay.wordpress.com- White Tiles, after the cut.........


Warning: what you’re about to read may/ may not have any relevance to your life, so what I’m trying to say is………you know what, never mind, you’ve gotten this far already……
WHITE TILES
For centuries this room has just been regarded as the cleansing room, where we go and rid ourselves from dirt and sweat. It’s more than that to me. Yes genius, I’m talking about the bathroom. Don’t roll your eyes at me. This is deep *Ghandi position*.
I had an epiphany in the bathroom a while back, and I thought hey, I’ve got a spot on the internet where I can blurt out all I think about this awesome room, and no I was not high, maybe from the fumes of my awesome soap *wink*. So here I am about to go on about Le bathroom.
This room was the place our mothers gave us our first bath. How she tenderly held us in her arms and may have crooned beautiful lullabies in our ears (notice I said ‘may’, my mum was more of a Whitney fan, so…….get the picture)
Speaking of music, this room is where we are rock stars, admit it, the soap is your microphone, the water from the shower/tap, our background music and audience, and ofcourse how the confinement gives us excellent autotuning (I know right). A room where it is ok to belt out ridiculous voice pitches without being judged or criticized.
Now for you exotic lovers, this is the room where we get away from the madness of the world and kick back in the tub………you know lathered up with exotic bath wash, with whatever music that eases you playing at the background, scented candles (something I do not get, I mean it’ll get that room hot and choked up with weird smells….but hey whatever works for you guys), champagne (I’m going to shut up about this one) and yeah with whoever would be keeping your bed warm afterwards *wink*.
This is also the crying room. Yes, the nose-sniffing, hair-pulling, gagging-sound, wall-pounding, wailing kinda cry. That was my go-to spot when I lost the ones I loved, when I got heart-broken, when my hormones got the worst of me. It was and is the place to go. By the time you’re done with that ordeal , you wash up and get out and start all over again.
Then again I may just be way over my head. The bathroom may just be that. A ‘bath-room’, just wash up and get out.
*sigh* This is me trying to sound deep I guess, I inhaled too much soap. Oh well it out there……….so yeah

Credit: nubianbluejay.wordpress.com
           @dolapoalade

No comments:

Post a Comment