Sunday 15 September 2013

REJOINDER: #WalterGate: More seamy Questions for Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo

I thought this story has gone to rest but since some twitter and so called social media big wigs have visited this issue I want to join in this discuss. Someone just wrote a piece on seamy questions Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo needs to answer.

A well scripted piece with some strong points though. I do have some reservations as I cannot swallow hook, line and sinker as some lazy narrow and naïve minds would do.
I know him very well as I expect him and his followers to attack like the dogs they are. I like people who are open and welcoming to debate not those who result to insults each time you raise issues intellectually with them. They are quick to criticize a man but they lack the credence to judge anyone.

Just as I would agree to the fact that Men of God should not be a par with God as some do err this day, I would like us to also draw a distinction and know our boundaries as to the authority we have in questioning the so-called Men of God.

As a fact, Pastor Biodun has not handled this scandal well to the best of my knowledge. Are we to keep silent on this issue? What gives us the credence to ask questions if we must ask questions?

I share with you a scripture from the Bible.

Luke 18:10-14- it reads thus, “Two men went up into the temple to pray, the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners,unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you this man went to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted”.

From the well worded articles what I can inscribe is a holier than thou piece buttressing and showcasing himself as the spokesperson for the twitter community.

In showing how much he loves the church; Here is an excerpt of his understanding of the love for a church. “………I was committed to the church financially. I may be did not give as much as many people but I at least gave enough to receive a gracious call from Pastor Fatoyinbo himself. I am yet to give anyone – including my mother – as much of my resources as I have given to COZA. More often than not my donations were in hard currency. Given a chance, I’d do this again. Giving is my culture anyway. This point needs to be made because some hypocrites will come up here to pretend they love the church more than people they’d consider evil like myself because one has chosen to ask questions. I don’t know how else to prove one’s love for where one’s heart is without spending one’s money on same”.

If that is your understanding for love for a church, then you need study more. In loving the Church, if you understand what the church really is, you must love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and mind. That is the first commandment. And the second is like unto the first, love thy neighbor as thy self. All other commandments are hinged on this commandment. Jesus was answering the question of love by quoting from the Old Testament.
 In loving the church, it is none of self, all for him. You need not tell us the change you contribute to his church or whatever church. You can as well keep your money to yourself.
I wouldn’t judge but you seem to lack the morals to ask these candid questions you asked in your piece (tie goat for rope and tie rope for goat na the same thing).



Ese walter has since not explained these lines in her piece. “………..While there, he sat on a reclining chair and asked me to come sit on his laps. This was a bit awkward for me and I froze for a moment as I asked why. He said he had told me to feel free with him and loosen up. I found myself strolling to sit on his laps. At that moment, I felt like a little girl who was experiencing something her mind couldn’t fathom. He asked me to kiss him and all I could think about was seeing him preach on the pulpit back in COZA Abuja, Nigeria, which was my home church. He again said ‘feel free Ese.’ And asked again, that I kiss him.

A few hours later, let’s just say, we were rolling under the sheets. It felt as though my mind had paused. I am not saying I was jazzed, (although it’s possible I was in some trancelike state and didn’t know it but I just was so afraid that I couldn’t say or think otherwise.) That was the beginning of this affair. A sexual affair that went on for a little over a week, DAILY!”. 

This is a spoilt girl who obviously wanted more from this relationship and when she didn’t get it decided to spill the beans. Now she is seeking redress by employing twitter big-wigs to help her do her bidding.
No wonder they were in church to hear a confession that never came. Eya! Sorry dude, next time you may get the information you so desire. You did a great job in portraying yourself as a regular visitor of the church who coincidentally was there by default that morning. He may have recognized you were in church hence his opening statement.  Don’t feel offended, Shit happens. Just maybe if you weren’t there we would have gotten a confession by now.

I want to address the issue of truth and sincerity. Many claim to be unbiased in addressing truth. That is one big lie many don’t want to admit to. No matter how best we screen our inclination in an issue it pops out almost on its own. Someone reading this piece would clearly see my line of inclination. It is not out of place to have an opinion but don’t turn yourself to some god who all must bow to.
I am not in any way standing in lieu for the Pastor who may have backslide but all am saying is just as we are putting valid seamy questions to the Pastor let our twitter baba also ask Ese Walter some salient questions on her real aim not perceived aim for bringing out this rot she finds herself.

Why ridicule the church?

I maybe wrong. Just maybe the twitter Baba is the right one with the possession of the proofs she talks about every now and then.
I leave with this story, remember Moses? He took a wife from Africa. Miriam and Aaron were never in support. By all rights she had all authority to question Moses the younger Brother whom she nursed. The TRUTH is he was the man-of-God so called. Miriam officially became the first recorded one sick with leprosy in the Bible because she questioned the authority of Moses she did not call to serve God.
The lesson learnt is that we should be careful in questioning whosoever uses the name of GOD. God would fight for himself. Don’t turn yourself to GOD’S advocate.
Now I await those twitter bullies to start the insults. I am more than willing to receive them in good fate.
Its time to poo and loo. Duty calls. See you on the other side. Cheers!!!!!

OGHAGHARE ESE FREEMAN
email: esefreeman@gmail.com
twitter: @eseblogger
07034479170

3 comments:

  1. you are just on point. I have read that said piece its everywhere and it was so disgusting to see how his opening remarks were so self glorifying. Its a pity these are the leaders of tomorrow not in power yet so proud. I what outlook they wld have when they have some taste of power. Humility is the key to rise to any pinnacle for we are but nothing before God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Piece bro. The pastor might have sinned and I am sure by now he must have prayed for forgiveness and in turn forgiven by God. I believe the whole events leading to the pastors supposed sexual escapades with Ese Walter is just to affirm to us the Bible verse that says "he that thinketh he standeth should take heed lest he falls" While we proclaim self righteousness we should us Pray for us to Overcome our own temptations when they Arise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Received a gracious call from a Reader. Pragmatic,Articulate and so on point in disagreeing in some of my views. These are the kind of interactions I look forward to. It does not only broaden the knowledge horizon but also an avenue for sharing thoughts. We learn everyday as no one is an avalanche of knowledge. Thanks for the interaction.

    ReplyDelete