Friday 27 December 2013

Being responsible is now my Biggest fight- Iron Mike Tyson

Photo Credit: The CNN
Iron Mike Tyson the fierce boxers once famed as the youngest Heavy Boxing Champion in 1986 admits he never really liked the person he was back then though he had the money and the leisure life had to offer.

The father of Eight says being responsible is now his biggest fight.

He is now more ever determined to focus on his family and a new generation of young boxers after a high-profile and controversial career.

Tyson recalled of his childhood neighborhood was that meddled with Drugs, theft, gangstarism. His childhood could best be described as that with "No hope". He can't just explain how he made it to the top and ironically how careless he was to loose it all.

"I'm accomplishing so much and getting so much done now as a human being, than I could've ever done back then in the prime of my fighting career," he explained.

"The best I am, and the best I've ever been, is right now. This is the best I'm going to ever be, compared to who I was before.

Retired from the ring in 2005, he has been fighting his way out of bankruptcy with a one-man Broadway show, cameos in Hollywood films and now as author of his autobiography "Undisputed Truth."

There is also a new project that may bring his career full circle. Tyson, under the umbrella of Iron Mike Productions, is now working as a promoter for a batch of promising young boxers.

"I'll give them the best advice I possibly can," said Tyson. "I'm just never gonna baby them. This is just what it is, you know.

"They have to be responsible, like I wasn't. I wasn't a responsible fighter."

Out of the ring, Tyson, with his trademark black tattoo arcing over his left eye, is looking for responsibility and perhaps even redemption at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment