Sunday 25 August 2013

OPINION: ESE WALTER WAS ILL -ADVISED - By Ese Oghaghare

Anyone who cares can read my thoughts on the subject matter at hand. It doesn’t really matter which side you are on; what matters right now is that this page is mine and whatsoever I write on it is my opinion. It is left for you to make your deductions and propositions.

Let me start by introducing the Person of Ese. You don’t need search too far; it is in the name - which means GOD’s Gift (ESEOGHENE). Persons so named are gifted in all spheres of life.  The content of her write-ups is quite evident from her blog for all to see.


The social Media went abuzz with this story of a supposed affair between Pastor Biodun of COZA Abuja chapter with a certain Ese Walter. Having carefully read through her piece- My Affair with Pastor Fatoyinbo Biodun from her blog and the various comments emanating from the social media community, I want to as a matter of fact drop my candid opinion and draw some conclusions.

First, I would not condemn anyone for their opinion because it is their fundamental right to do so, neither will I sit on the fence as some twitter celebrities would do as I am not afraid to lose any follower as I don’t have much following me on my timeline(funny).

Various Biblical doctrines abound; amongst them is Restitution. Restitution includes compensating a person for stolen or damaged property or physical harm done to someone.
Restitution laws cover a variety of circumstances: assault (Exodus. 21:18-19); bodily injury (21:26-27); liability (21:33-36); theft (22:1-4); property damage (22:5-6); irresponsibility (22:7-13); and the loss or damage of borrowed items (22:14-15).

Laws of restitution remind the criminal that he ultimately is responsible to God for his actions (Ps. 51:4) and his victims, created in God’s image, must be compensated in the manner prescribed by the judge of all the earth ( Gen 18:25).

Having said much on restitution; who therefore is the “offender” and the “victim”?
In her classical confession using her lyrical prowess, she tried to portray herself as the victim.

I beg to differ. Someone would need to convince me beyond reasonable doubt how a girl well in her 20’s would claim abuse in a relationship she voluntarily participated. From her piece she claimed she freely rolled on those hotel sheets for a whole week enjoying some mind blowing sex while savouring those moments with her spiritual Father. Suddenly (in D banj’s voice) she claims abuse after those voluntarily sex (warri  girl for that matter). I would have believed her story of abuse if did occurred just ones.

What would have informed her depression and decision to now expose her past? If not maybe she demanded or expected more from this illicit affair.

If in case it so happen that the Pastor is guilty as charged;then he is the offender and the victim is the Wife whom he may have cheated-on.

Just as I question the integrity of this story I would however not discard it in a hurry as there is no smoke without a fire. If it so true that he did it some time ago. I would enjoin him as a matter of urgency apologizes to his wife and God.
He owes the social media community no apology or explanation as he is not the Senior Pastor of Twitter.
Ese Walter was ill advised as she seeks revenge against a man but instead attacked the foundation of Christianity as an institution.

It gives me much worry that Nigerians have no respect for the church. You can imagine while a message is emanating from the pulpit, some are engaged on their smart-phones tweeting rubbish. When did the church become a local or state government; whose primary obligation is no longer to preach the word but to provide basic social amenities?

Twitter atheist and Non-christians should shift their frustration unto the government and not seek every brazen opportunity to attack the Church.

I enjoin Pastor Biodun to treat this matter in-house. Don’t feed them looking for content to drive traffic to their sites.

As for my Sister and name-sake Ese Walter please do look to the cross for repentance. Only in Christ you find would find succour. Let the past go. Look forward and seek not revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment